Sunday 17 February 2013

A non FAL finish

Today has been a very relaxed day: much needed after the hectic working week. 
 If I had only listened to Helen I would have put this scarf/wrap on my FAL list, but it has taken me so long up to now (think years, not months) that I didn't think I would ever finish it


It measures 44" and is just in time for the cold spell we are being predicted :-(  I managed to sit on my back doorstep today and soak up some much needed vitamin D: we really don't want the cold to return

I have also managed to sew down 2 and half rows of my DWR quilt.  I am machine sewing as I realised I would be 90 before I finished it if I was hand stitching.  I put the little 5 pence piece in the right picture, so you could get an idea of scale


I did come across one error when I first started: see the extra blue green square - it should just have been the brown one

I knew that circle wasn't sitting right when I first pinned it all down but just couldn't see why: at least I have got it all sorted now!

11 comments:

  1. I still can't see a mistake! The wedding ring quilt is going to be a masterpiece when it's all done. Love the scarf too - lovely delicate pattern and the yarn looks really soft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me a minute to see the mistake, so it isn't an obvious one. Your mind is too busy taking in the overall effect to see the individual pieces. It is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that took me a minute or two to see!
    Love the quilt, and the scarf - perfect for doorstep-sitting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. DWR is looking amazing! As does your scarf! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the DWR quilt! and your scarf is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your scarf is beautiful! And I agree with everyone else too - your DWR is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I still can't see the mistake! Love the scarf BTW - it's a lovely finish and always listen to Helen although really the good ideas come from Archie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scarf! Your DWR is absolutely stunning!
    P.S. Annabella is right, Archie is usually the source of the good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't see a mistake. Too busy admiring the quilt as a whole. It's gorgeous and you're so talented to be able to make a scarf like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't see the mistake. Great quilt! Did you block the scarf? And yeah to better weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message