Saturday 12 January 2013

My sewing room

Leila over at Sewn, posed the question: what is your sewing area like.  It is her first linky so go over and have a look and share your sewing area too.  I am hoping that some of my pictures will shame me in to having a tidy up

I sew in my kitchen, at the table. Its always nice and warm in here.  I used to store all my fabric in the cupboard to the left in the first picture but that now houses the boiler (and where my machine is stored), so instead  fabric is stored in the conservatory in a chest of drawers (every drawer is full!) and other surrounding spaces 


Its all very untidy -  but trust me, it looks so much better in the summer when we use the conservatory a lot more 

I also do all my ironing and cutting in the kitchen: squeezed in by the cooker and the fridge  

And back to the conservatory: I am lucky, I have an amazing dad who has done so much DIY in my house, even though he lives 300 miles away! And when I moved in he made me this long bench with cupboards in it: which is where I store more fabric, although to be honest, this is mostly filled with charity shop finds, old duvet covers, curtains etc, things that will be good for backings. 


And, still in the conservatory, here is the rest of the crap creativity

So, this is where I hope to be today, at my kitchen table.  But first I have to take a teenager makeup shopping and then a few other bits and pieces

10 comments:

  1. I think that you have been really creative in your sewing nook. It is nice to see where you sew. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you have made do with what you are given. When we go camping and I take my sewing stuff with me, that is how I sew, I have one little table, and a bag I put all my stuff in, and that is it. If something needs to be pressed, I get a towel and put it on the table. Not my total idea of a sewing space, but I make it work with what I have at that time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very inventive in making the most of your space. I love to see where other people sew and how they solve storage issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to see your sewing space too. We work with what we have don't we. I have the luxury of leaving it all out most of the time, I might be tidier if I had to keep clearing away! I love that storage bench. Clever Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing what you can cook up in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the storage bench and how you have made your kitchen work for sewing and cooking!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it doesn't look too dissimilar to my place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like real life to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You clearly have a system that works! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your teenager lets you go make-up shopping with her? I'm impressed. Mine doesn't want to be seen dead with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message