Saturday 1 September 2012

Hello September

So, thats August gone too!! Which means that a) I have had four and a bit weeks off and b) I go back to work on Monday (BOO) 
August has been fairly quiet on the sewing front due to holidays, DIY and study, but I have squeezed some bits in.

I managed lots of these toward my double wedding ring quilt


I have completed two bee blocks, one for August 



 and one for September 




I completed my ET block


Made a quick quilt for my cousins little boy Dan


And completed my mini for the BQ3S, which has been received today by Trudi 


 Probably my most important finish was this - when I found out that I had passed my exam!



 So, September: who knows.  I will be back at work, I am trying to complete a project for my studies (I think it is starting to come together?!) and I have an exam re-take to start studying for. So that should mean a fair bit of sewing, as I tend to reward my studying with sewing. So, if you don't see much sewing going on then there ain't much studying happening either!!



14 comments:

  1. Goodness! What pretties! I love the fabrics in your double wedding ring, and that mini quilt is fantastic! I love the pattern.

    Visiting from Lily's Quilts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double wedding ring - I would love to make one of those (or a single girl quilt), but I am working my way up to that, it looks like you already have a lot done. I love your house block - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful makes. We will note your sewing output (and studying)!!! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the double wedding ring quilt! I made a wall hanging for my sister's wedding out of just two rings, so good luck to you making a whole quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get lots of study covered so you can stitch more of that lovely double wedding ring - look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah congtats on passing the exam and August looked very busy, I don't think you stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff Catherine, especially like the ET cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of lovely works! the double wedding ring is looking brill! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a month of fantastic makes - you've been really busy! Congrats again on the exam pass. That double wedding ring is going to be a yummy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great lot of finishes! I hope September works well and you get an even time studying and sewing =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congrats C! A successful month I'd say! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent month for you then! loving the dwr - it's certainly worth the effort

    ReplyDelete
  13. August looks like pretty hectic to you. Those quilts are all beautiful. Maybe try to have some rest and relaxation on the month of September.
    beauty supplies wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  14. The DWR arcs are looking fabulous - you've done much more than I thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message