Sunday 10 June 2012

Union flag complete

A week after it was started, my Union Jack pillow is now complete

I started this in Lynne's paper piecing class last Saturday at the retreat (it already seems like longer than a week ago!)  I managed one quarter of it in the class and finished the rest on the Sunday whilst watching the river paegent.  I went for lots of dotty fabric, although the white on the flag is actually stripey

 And in keeping with the stripes on the front, I went with a blue stripey backing fabric (aka an old duvet cover from the charity shop!)


It looks perfectly at home on my settee!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely finish Catherine - hard to beat dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! It looks lovely on the settee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Awesome job. =D

    Last day to enter my giveaway. If you haven't entered already today is your last chance =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job. I did the same class and once I got my head round the 'back to front' approach loved the technique. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cushion Catherine. love spots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic Catherine - can't see any wee (FQR) glitches!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message