Saturday 16 June 2012

Stained quilted


Its taken a while, but my Stained is now quilted


In keeping with the whole beach theme I decided to FMQ it with lots of waves


 And, in keeping with reality, the waves vary in size (wish I could say that this was deliberate but just down to my fmq'ing!!)

 There are points in the quilt were it definitely got very choppy (and some of my waves may look like a reading off the machines that you see in hospital with someones erratic heartbeat

 But I love how the quilt has turned out.  I had been putting together lots of fat quarters of beachy themes whenever I saw them


 lots of flip flops and sunglasses

 nautical themes

 beach huts and sand


Its definitely a quilt that I want to takeaway with me this summer when we go and do this again (are you ready Susan.......)


14 comments:

  1. it looks wonderful xx well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Damn I am impressed with both the quilt and the surfing. Well done on all counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the quilt and the FMQ. You are very clever. I will leave the surfing to you though! DI x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Susan! Your quilting on stained is perfect, and the surfing is even more impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those waves are just like the ones I see at the ocean, the quilt is looking wonderful. And Catherine, a biker and a surfer??? You are too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the quilt and FMQing go so well together.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have a go at making this quilt. I've even got the pattern for it. But I'm absolutely dire at choosing and matching fabrics. I'm scared it'll turn out rubbish. Poor effort Michala. Yours looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its lovely very unusual,love the flip flop material.Have a nice holiday.Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab finish Catherine! Love all those flip flops and your quilting is wonderfully apt. Hope you and your quilt have fun summer adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Until I got to the bottom I thought: This Fab quilts needs a trip to the seaside!!

    I looks fab and wow get you the surfer chick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fab! SO impressed by your surfing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks amazing! Love the quilting, the waves are really effective in all the different lengths =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a finish C! Stained has turned out beautifully, perfect quilting too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stained quilt is gorgeous! I need a summery quilt like that right now - its wintery and cold here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message