Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday ski sunday

I often tell people that sewing is my 'down time'. Today really proved that point.  I have been revising all weekend, and after 4 hours of it today I came to a grinding halt.  I looked around at all the housework that needed doing and started to cry:-(  Too much to do and too much going on.  I pulled myself together, gave myself 40 minutes to get the house in order and then sat down to sew
 Honestly, 5 minutes of cutting fabric and I felt so much better and was able to give myself a good talking to.  My friend Nicola is leaving work at the end of the month.  It was Nicola who did my amazing secret santa.  I have sewn the above log cabin block for her, to turn in to a coaster, so she can take it to her new work and think of us!

 I thought I'd better get some zipper practice in as well, so started on a pouch

Its not finished as I am now sat down a)doing this and b) watching this



(rubbish picture!!).... ski sunday.  Love this programme and love ski-ing, although its an expensive sport and we havn't been in a long time!  Bizarrely, this is what is keeping me going with my exams.  Last year, after I had already started my studying, I saw an advert for Mark Warner holidays.  They wanted someone AAT qualified (which is what I am working towards) to be in either their central Austrian resort or french resort.  Board, lodgings, ski pass, ski hire etc etc included.  I have always said that once my girlies are off doing their thing, I am going to go and do my thing: and this would definitely be it! (not sure what I would do with my house and mortgage, but hey...)

11 comments:

  1. Skiing is great, I love it too - and you'll need plenty of nice quilts to keep you warm in the evenings if you head for the alps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing AAT too, I am only on level 2 at the moment, I started in December. Best of luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to have a goal to aim for. I looked into doing AAT and they still ring me up all the while but the course was just too expensive to fund myself and it didn't help that the local provider couldn't even be bothered to respond to my enquiry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some times a good cry is needed. Here have a cuddle across the miles. Hope you are feeling better. Your sewing looks amazing. I'm not doing the pouch but will try and join in the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a good cry is a good release xx BIG vertual hug on the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pouch is looking great. I love skiing too, we took a big trip to Whistler, Canada last year so we aren't going this year. I dream of being able to live somewhere I can ski every weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT dream - what a fantastic way to spend a winter or two! skiing is really expensive here too and we haven't been for a looong time - i really miss it. love your sewing - and you know what, the housework will be there when you're not - life's too short - so do what you must and sod the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think running away from home as an adult is an ace idea. Rent your house out for a year. If you decide to move in with a 25 Austrian ski instructor and never come home again we will all go to your house for you and ship your fabric stash over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to say 25 YEAR OLD ski instructor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you managed to get some sewing done and feel better. Good luck with all your studying :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message