Monday 28 November 2011

I may.....

have just bought this
Power Pop - Fat Quarter Bundle in Orange and Freesia by Jenean Morrison  Fabric Quilt Cotton
A fat quarter bundle called Power Pop byJenean Morrison.  Over at The Intrepid Thread they are giving 20% off if you enter the code BLKFRI20.  I just got these 10 fat quarters for £14 (plus shipping plus shipping at £9)  The colours were screaming summer at me and I had just read this post over at Sew Happy Geek, telling me that I might need 10 fat quarters in the not too distant future .....
I havn't bought fabric in a very long time, so I decided to treat myself.

We have a new Asda open in Tiptree today (Jenny has secured a job there too)  It was mobbed!!  I then went over to Tesco - it was dead, there were about 3 other people in there.  However, I have to say, Tesco have known Asda is about to open and yet their customer service just recently has been dire, as if they were trying to promote shopping at Asda: last Saturday they did not have one single carrier bag in the store, people were just abandoning their shopping at the tills, their self service tills would not accept cash, and there was only ever about two other tills open and huge huge quese.  It never ceases to amaze me how big companies think that it doesn't matter how they treat their customer, that they will always stay loyal - err, I don't think so!! 

8 comments:

  1. oh...

    I discovered Intrepid Thread a couple of weeks ago...

    One order for £50 arrived in less than a week... and with the offer placed another order with her for £70 on Saturday...

    Crazy! Can get FQ's for less than £2 from the US, cheaper than I can get it here... and rages we can't get here...

    BUT I eaven bought some of the little aples range from her as the price for 8FQs WITH postage was less than half the price for 4 here..

    Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric! And think that our local Coop has the best service. If the line builds by more than a couple then the person on the till rings a bell and another staff member comes right away. And more if required. And they are always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics are amazing! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo pretty fabrics! Your quilt will look AMAZING! Julie does offer such good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fabulous bundle of loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabrics! Can't wait to see what you make! And stores like that make me love internet shopping even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bargain you got there and gorgeous fabrics too! Customer service is just as bad here in Belfast I'm sad to say. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My nearest supermarket is an Asda and the service does leave a lot to be desired 90% of the time. On the plus side being a US owned store we seem to be getting a better choice of 'foreign' goods in the store.

    I went on a fit of fabric spending spree yesterday. One of my purchases was from The Intrepid Thread!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message