Tuesday 16 August 2011

projects

So, I caught up a bit with my hexalong yesterday.  cut out some more fabric and then sewed these two together:


These are my completed blocks, not sewn together yet. 






And here is my embroidery that I started an age ago and have picked up again, as its great to sit outside in the sun and sew (yes, we have had a few sunny days recently)

It needs an iron!

and a close up:


It is designed to use lots of different embroidery stiches, so it has been a learning curve, but one I am enjoying.  There is still a lot of work to be done though!

I have been reading Susans blog : seeing all the things she has signed up for.  What with going back to work in a few weeks and studying for my exams, I can't commit myself to swaps as I wouldn;t want to let anyone down, but she has tempted me to the Across the sea quilt along.  I have told myself that I need to cut back on the fabric I buy and to use what I have and this project could work in that department.  So I shall be signing up.

We have been to lakeside today - the girls 'needed' to visit Primark to get a few bits and bobs for our hols.  Everywhere had sales on - Debenhams in particular were great, so we have all come home happy and spent half of what we thought we would: always a good day out.  Normally I can;t stand shopping at Lakeside, but obviously the trick is to shop on a Tuesday, there was hardly anyone there!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you have joined the Hexalong craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embroidery! Looking forward to seeing what fabric you have for the qal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message