Friday 1 July 2011

Hugs and Kisses

I have another major finish!



This is my hugs and kisses quilt.  I got the pattern here Henry Glass fabrics: where there are lots of lovely free patterns, all made with the popular fabrics of the moment.


My quilt was made with some fat quarters that I had been saving : I wanted lots of bold fabrics and vibrant colours and I really do like this quilt.


I started it last summer hols and it was an easy one to pull together: nice big sqaures and nothing complicated.  I hand quilted it, stiching around the x's and through the middle crosses.


The green on the back is a sheet that I picked up in the charity shop and then I used the remainder of the purple fabric from the front.


This quilt will be staying with us, because we all love it and I know it will be well utilised!
I am linking up with Lilys fresh sewing day , even though it is not a FWQAL!

Fresh Sewing Day

5 comments:

  1. love your colours - quite traditional until you look close up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Quilt! (Don't you love it when they get to stay with you! =D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great quilt Catherine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message